Crocktober: Nancy Alden’s French Onion Soup
This is the best French Onion Soup that you will ever taste in your life – and I’m serious! No better way to warm up on a cold, rainy Monday than with a delicious bowl of soup. This is our first recipe to kick off our month-long Crocktoberfest!
- 5 large onions sliced thinly
- 4 cans beef broth
- 1 package of dried onion soup mix
- baguette or French bread
- sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Cook on high for 4 hours and on low for 8 hours
- When you’re ready to eat, slice a piece of bread about and inch thick and place on top of soup in an oven safe bowl.
- Add a slice or two of mozerella cheese and put under the broiler for a few minutes until browned.