Listener Valerie sent me her recipe for Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole to add to our growing list of slow-cooker meals for Crocktoberfest.
- (1)32oz. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb. bacon, diced, cooked and drained or 1 bulk roll sausauge, cooked and drained
- 1 med. Onion, diced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar or Monteray Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper (more or less to taste)
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon/sausage, then onions, green/red pepper, an cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour over the crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours.
More Crocktoberfest recipes:
- Nancy Alden’s French Onion Soup
- Linda Dawson’s Pizza Dip
- Listener Rebecca’s Brickyard Chicken
- Nancy Alden’s Moo Shoo Pork Wraps