Stevie Nicks & Rod Stewart Teaming Up Again For 2012 Tour, Cleveland Date Announced
[pullquote quote="I couldn't be happier to be back on the boards with Stevie this summer" credit="Rod Stewart"]Legendary rockers Rod Stewart & Stevie Nicks today announced plans to reunite this summer and reprise their highly acclaimed, co-headlining “Heart & Soul Tour,” including a Cleveland date at Quicken Loans Arena on Friday, July 20th at 7:30pm.
Celebrated by both fans and critics alike, Rod and Stevie first joined forces in the spring of 2011 for their acclaimed “Heart & Soul Tour.” The 18-concert arena tour was highlighted by two sold-out shows at both New York’s Madison Square Garden and the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. The 3+ hour shows featured individual heart-pumping sets loaded with all of their biggest hits – opening with Stevie’s and closing with Rod’s – with a few rousing duets in the middle. US Weekly called the show “magical,” with a setlist that “sparked non-stop cheers from the sold-out masses,” and the Boston Globe declared “Stewart & Nicks make a classic combination” delivering sold-out audiences a “hits-packed night of crystal visions and reasons to believe.”
[photogallerylink id=80212 align=left]“I couldn’t be happier to be back on the boards with Stevie this summer,” Rod Stewart said. “We had fantastic fun on the road together last spring and I’m thrilled at the chance to bring it to new cities and fans this summer.”
In a career spanning five decades, Rod Stewart has amassed an estimated 250 million in album and single sales and an incredible 16 Grammy nominations. In April he will join the elite list of artists who are 2x Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees (as a solo artist and soon as a member of the seminal 60s rock band, the Faces). On March 24, he will return to Las Vegas for an 8-concert-run of “The Hits” – part of his immensely popular first residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
Stevie Nicks is a multi-Grammy Award Winner as a solo artist and member of the legendary Fleetwood Mac and a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee. Her new CD “In Your Dreams” debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart and has received glowing reviews from numerous outlets, including US Magazine who declared it “the best album of Nicks’ four decade career.”
The first dates of Rod & Stevie’s 2012 summer tour include:
- Friday, July 20 at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH
- Saturday, July 21 at Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, OH
- Tuesday, July 24 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN
- Saturday, July 28 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA
More on WDOK.com
- The Scoop: Jenny McCarthy Makes Hillary Lesbian Joke, Beyoncé & Jay-Z Divorce Rumors, National Hot Dog Day, FREE Arby’s Jamocha Shake
- Over A Third Of Women Will Do THIS At Work Or Home If Nobody’s Looking
- Things You Need To Know – Death Of Cory Barron, LeBron James Delivers Cupcakes To His Neighbors, Dozens Show Up At Brennan’s Colony
- You’ll Love What This Guy Did While Stranded At The Airport Overnight!
- HBO Reveals Trailer, Release Date for Beyoncé & Jay Z ‘On the Run’ Concert Special
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman Didn’t Leave His Money To His Children
- Billy Joel Wins Library of Congress’ Gershwin Prize
- Grandpa Drops The Beat And His Crutches At This Wedding
- Listen to OneRepublic’s Song for ‘The Giver’ Soundtrack, ‘Ordinary Human’
- Bastille Snags ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Sophie Turner for ‘Oblivion’: Watch