Lady Antebellum Helps Rebuild Henryville
Lady Antebellum originally planned to play one lucky school’s prom. Now they’re changing the lives of a whole community.
On May 16, the trio is hosting the Rebuild Henryville Charity Ball in Louisville, Kentucky to raise money for the Indiana town hit hard by tornados last March.
Henryville High School won the band’s “Own the Prom Night” contest, but after a prior commitment made the band unable to attend the school’s actual prom in April, they decided they could do something bigger.
And it’s not just the community that’s invited. Lady A is offering fans everywhere a chance to attend the ball and lend their support to the town. Tickets go on sale April 27 through Ticketmaster with all proceeds going to the tornado relief efforts in the area. Those who can’t get to the show can offer their support with a donation to New Hope Services/ Indiana Bankers Association.
Lady Antebellum had also put out a call to all their artistic fans, asking for help designing the t-shirt and posters for the event. Though the band is no longer taking submissions, fans can cast their vote for the ones they like the best here. The grand prize winner, which will be announced May 1, will not only see their design come to life, but will receive $1,000. The winning entry will be available at the ball and through the band’s website. All of the money from the sales of the merchandise will go to Henryville.
In early March, more than 30 people were killed after a string of early season tornados broke out hitting Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio. The “Need You Now” singers chose the Henryville school for its “resilience and unity” following the disaster that destroyed their school and have set a fundraising goal of $25,000.
Not lucky enough to catch the Kentucky show? Check the band out on their upcoming U.S tour, kicking off May 3 at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
More on New102.com
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith
- Annie Lennox Says Twerking Has Nothing to Do with Feminism
- There’s All Kinds of Color in Gwen Stefani’s Video for ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Watch
- Thrift Store Pulls Girls Costumes After Outrage
- A New Way To Store Your Christmas Ale!
- UNICEF Using Music to Educate Liberia About Ebola with ‘Ebola is Real': Listen
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’
- Crocktober: Creamy Chicken With A Kick
- Best Creative Couples Costumes For Adults