Lady Antebellum originally planned to play one lucky school’s prom. Now they’re changing the lives of a whole community.
On May 16, the trio is hosting the Rebuild Henryville Charity Ball in Louisville, Kentucky to raise money for the Indiana town hit hard by tornados last March.
Henryville High School won the band’s “Own the Prom Night” contest, but after a prior commitment made the band unable to attend the school’s actual prom in April, they decided they could do something bigger.
And it’s not just the community that’s invited. Lady A is offering fans everywhere a chance to attend the ball and lend their support to the town. Tickets go on sale April 27 through Ticketmaster with all proceeds going to the tornado relief efforts in the area. Those who can’t get to the show can offer their support with a donation to New Hope Services/ Indiana Bankers Association.
Lady Antebellum had also put out a call to all their artistic fans, asking for help designing the t-shirt and posters for the event. Though the band is no longer taking submissions, fans can cast their vote for the ones they like the best here. The grand prize winner, which will be announced May 1, will not only see their design come to life, but will receive $1,000. The winning entry will be available at the ball and through the band’s website. All of the money from the sales of the merchandise will go to Henryville.
In early March, more than 30 people were killed after a string of early season tornados broke out hitting Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio. The “Need You Now” singers chose the Henryville school for its “resilience and unity” following the disaster that destroyed their school and have set a fundraising goal of $25,000.
Not lucky enough to catch the Kentucky show? Check the band out on their upcoming U.S tour, kicking off May 3 at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
More on New102.com
- Ms. Emeli Sandé Goes To Washington To Honor Carole King
- Cleveland Memorial Day Weekend Preview: Ribs, Rock Hall & Reggae
- Bono, Richard Branson, Olivia Wilde Join Matt Damon’s ‘Toilet Strike’
- Kmart Follows “Ship My Pants” With Their New Ad “Big Gas Savings”
- Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During A Live Interview
- Jaci’s Cleveland Canine Corner: Pet Rescue Disaster Relief
- POLL: Do You Miss The ‘Drew Carey Show’?
- The Cast Of Guys & Dolls Do “Suit & Tie”
- 102 Days Of Summer Concerts
- New Music To Know: Laura Mvula’s Unexpected World Of ‘Orchestral Soul’